Tuesday, October 25, 2005

One Year


Its been a year since I started blogging. It has been a very positive experience, I was able to make a few new friends and stay in touch with my family and friends.Every blogger at some point in time dedicates a post to why he/she started blogging.If you are reading this post,I must say that you have endured a lot and you are entitled to know the history behind this blog.

I was a regular reader of Sanketh's blog and through his blog I got to read many other interesting ones. Some were phenomenally witty, some were thought provoking and some were just dedicated for ranting. But I felt it was a really nice outlet for a lot of things running through your head. Things that you would like people to know about but are difficult to express in person. So gradually I got afflicted by the "I wanna have one too" syndrome. So what I thought would start and end as a fad became more of a habit. Plus, I had too much time on my hands and blogging was the creative outlet that I needed...it was an exhilirating feeling...it was like..like...finding a toilet when you are in absolute need of one. :D You must realize that its my 57th post and all my creative juices have evaporated, thats the best metaphor I could come up with.

I have been published in print for a grand total of 3 times, so it was really nice to see blogger say that my post has been published everytime I posted something.Even if I had something outrightly stupid to say. I never had the luxury of friends going through whatever I had written in college (mostly crap), so this was a nice way to find out what people thought of whatever I wrote. I partially succeded on this front, the maximum number of comments I have ever got was 16 which was partly because of my delaying tactics in posting the follow up to a story.And at times I even stooped to begging and pleading people to go to my blog.I try to drop subtle hints about leaving a comment.The hints got too subtle that a friend of mine put me on his spam list for sending out too many reminders to drop a comment.

I have some really cool friends who can debate about anything under the sun. Topics range from "Improving India in 60 days"* to " The Venezuelan oil economy"**. Some of these debates could get really passionate and out of control. Anything out of control meant 5 guys busting your ass. Still remember my roomie*** pouncing on me (literally) from one corner of the room to the other when he heard me saying Rajini had everything to become the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu. So this blog was a nice way to have some good spirited debates where I could take some cheap shots**** at a very safe distance away from the participants.

Thanks for reading Guys!

* Arun I hope you are still interested in that topic. It has given us many anecdotes to narrate for a life time.
** JAKS continues to speculate on diverse topics that he noses about. The latest being British parliamentary affairs in the 15th century.
*** Krish has taken a keen interest in Mexican politics and spanish cinema. So he doesn't express his opinions on anything Indian.
**** Karthik, sorry for leaving a comment in your name.But people seemed to believe it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Partha said...

congrats machchi... 57 posts in one year is pretty good da... seems like you had a lot of time at your disposal during your MS :D ... hope you have the same amount of free time in the corporate world too...

11:47 AM  
Blogger Akshay said...

Nice Man Bring in more of those short stories. :)

7:09 PM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

"I was a regular reader of Sanketh's ..."

Hmm ...!!!

And BTW, Krish has decided he'll settle for an Argentinian babe or wursht case one from Venezuela (basically, free gas for his vandi).

5:31 PM  
Blogger pagala'k' said...

@Partha: Hope so! Its not like I am someone too important to be indispensable in the corporate world. So I guess you gotta endure me for some more time.

@Akshay: Trying to bring in those short stories...its just that I am suffering from writer's block.

@Sanketh: Sorry about that dude...I still read your blog regularly...wrong choice of words.Didnt a venezeulan chick become the Miss Universe...dude Krish is careful about his choices...its not just free gas...its also because of some cute *** .

*** rhymes with gas.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Shunyata said...

congratulations!...and keep more of those stories coming in!:)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Kumari said...

Congrats :)
Don't underestimate that metaphor :D

11:49 PM  
Blogger pagala'k' said...

@Aishwarya: Thanks, hope the creative juices have replenished.If not you would be reading stories with a lot of these ugly metaphors

@Kumari: Thanks.Yeah, actually I did underestimate it once and the results weren't very pretty to look at :D.

7:59 AM  
Blogger vetty said...

Dogg,
Did you bring friends and have them sing ' Happy Bday' to your blog? I saw the cake and wanted to know.

And, just thought should let you know about ur inconsistency while posting and commenting. While posting you had written 'ass', and while responding to someone's coment, it changes to a three star, though with a hint leaving the reader with no doubt what alphabet each of the stars would assume !!

Just kidding buddy. Good going. I like the way you write. And, i like what you have done with your page. How did you do those menus and links which are not available by default from the template.

3:37 AM  
Blogger pagala'k' said...

@Vetty- Thanks Machaan. Thought of sending you some cake ;)

As for the menus you have to do some changes to the HTML code of your exsting template. I will probably send you an email with the template...whats your email id?

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counter
Website Counter