Saturday, March 19, 2005

Mom's

I just read a very disturbing news item on Sify. It reminded me of a story that my dad told me when I was 12 or 13 after I had a big fight with my mom.
I am sure most of you would have heard of it. Boy loves girl....girl tells boy to bring his mother's heart to prove that he truly loves her......boy stabs his mother and rips her heart out and runs to his lady love....while doing so he trips down with his mothers heart.....while he tries to get up he hears his mothers voice coming from the heart asking him whether he was hurt and to be a little more careful.
I was very cynical and gave my dad a look which conveyed " Yeah right, I believe you!!!". But now a more mature me would have probably believed my dad. Mom's are truly great, please read this article:

http://sify.com/news/othernews/fullstory.php?id=13697450

Some might consider the act downright stupid. Who will take care of her kids now? Will her kids really be happy? But, this whole tragedy just goes to show that Mom's are not capable of thinking logically when it comes to their kids. They could move heaven and earth to bring a smile on their child's face. Probably, thats the only reason why my mom thinks I look handsome than most of the heroes in the film industry. I hope she didn't compare me to the likes of Vijaykanth, Raj Kiran and Ramarajan (yeah the cynical me :D)

1 Comments:

Blogger Akshay said...

Truly Disturbing Story. Shit happens! A Mother's Love for her children and the sacrifices she is ready to make is something uncognizable to anybody else. Forget the logic you were talking about, i think it is this love of a mother that makes her blind. And in this particular case more aptly she died and got blind to give sight. Hope some people who are arrogant and dont respect their mother get to learn something atleast.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counter
Website Counter