Thursday, September 15, 2005

Initiation

I think I can now formally call myself a denizen of the consulting world. Two meetings, each lasting an hour and a half, punctuated by a lunch break and numerous coffee breaks to make me stay awake accounted for about half a work day.

The first meeting was with the Vice president of corporate strategy urging analysts to use a CRM software to help the sales team in their quest for closing deals. The VP was a heavy-set/friendly/humorous American who knew more Tamil than Ethiraj college girls. His talk was peppered by references to Rajnikanth (looks like he is a huge fan too), Anniyan, Sathyam Cineplex, Mayajaal and Star Wars. Huge movie freak and I guess now you know how much attention I paid to CRM. Really enjoyed the discussion on movies. I ended up strengthening his already strong Tamil vocabulary. He mentioned that he invariably ended up using dude at the end of every sentence.So I taught him Machaan and Maama. I was severely reprimanded by my Manager in the subsequent meeting (this one was on forecasting web hosted CRM's, talk about coincidences) for teaching him those words. Quite understable, many women would not like to be addressed Machaan and Maama by the VP.

2 Comments:

Blogger Akshay said...

Way to go!!! You are living up to Rajni Standards :P, Good to know you are enjoying your job et al. Hope to meet you when in India this december. :)

4:58 PM  
Blogger karthik durvasula said...

i guess, i should say 'good luck in the world of bullcrap'

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counter
Website Counter