Friday, June 24, 2005

Then and Now

2 years back the conversations that we (2512,ferry & 1619, crest) had were predominantly about movies, 'attractive' women in movies and real life, sports and very rarely politics. There also used to be passionate debates about whether Windows or Mac had the better GUI sprinkled with fiery onslaughts on how Linux was way better compared to Windows, vice versa. Well, "people who know me", I know you are a little dazed to hear that I participated in these techno geek debates. Let me assure you the only part I played was to separate the bickering parties (K & C) from killing each other. Most of the non-geek conversations usually end up with about 6 guys ganging up on one poor tortured soul who would be a little too adventurous to adopt a slightly different stance on an issue which would predictably end up in teasing the living day lights out of him.

A week back I almost choked on my coffee when I heard D talking about how he had offered his dad some suggestions on cutting down costs on a house they were building back in India. Well D is the kinduv guy who lives for the present and to put it mildly the only planning that he does in life is ensuring that there is toilet paper in the toilet before he goes to crap. I imagined that 'Saving for a rainy day' was something that D could never do. I guess I should never form opinions because people change as circumstances change. Never hurts to change for the better. Now,mostly all the talk in the house centers on comparing job offers, possibilities of doing a Phd., the H-1B regulations and future plans. Never remembered the last time when I was so serious. Infact all I do now is take advice or give advice [the latter is so much easier ;) ].

6 Comments:

Blogger The Tobacconist said...

... and what about plans of ensuring Krish's home grub doesn't make it home!!

3:29 AM  
Blogger pagala'k' said...

Home grub, does that mean the sweets he is supposed to bring for us from India?

2:11 AM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

yeah!

1:36 PM  
Blogger pagala'k' said...

Sanketh, I haven't had breakfast or lunch today and I am going to the airport to pick him up in a couple of hours. So the possibilty of me rummaging through his suitcase in the car looks extremely bright :D. Anyways since you read my blog so regularly, I will save you some.

5:15 PM  
Blogger The Tobacconist said...

good! because I plan on visiting today and picking up some for home! additionally, I hear you are leaving us! tell us when and where!

3:36 PM  
Blogger karthik durvasula said...

dude, post something new! waiting to read something. nothing happening here!

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Site Counter
Website Counter